Bookings and Terms of Service
By accessing the website at https://www.divingsafarizanzibar.com you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Spanish Lions Diving & Safaris LTD website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Spanish Lions Diving & Safaris LTD website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Spanish Lions Diving & Safaris LTD at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
Booking Terms and Conditions
1. Our contract
All bookings are made with licensed and authorized providers in Tanzania and Kenya trading as Spanish Lions Diving & Safaris LTD. By booking a trip with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Booking Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. The services to be provided are those referred to in your booking confirmation invoice.
Booking is only valid once we send you the booking confirmation. Booking is not valid at the time of making payment. Only, once we send the booking confirmation is the booking considered a valid booking.
3. Deposit requirement
You are required to pay a deposit for your booking to be confirmed. Please note that different deposits amounts are required for selected trips.
4. Acceptance of booking and final payments
If we accept your booking we will issue a confirmation via email. A contract will exist between us from the date we issue the confirmation. Payment of the balance of the trip price is due one month and half before the departure date. If this balance is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
5. Prices & surcharges
Our trip prices are subject to variable and seasonal pricing, both of which are standard practice within the travel industry. This means our trip prices may vary at any time in accordance with demand, market conditions and availability. Please note that a surcharge may be applied to all purchases made by credit card.
6. Health requirements
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are suitably fit to allow full participation in the trip and to obtain proper and detailed medical advice for the latest health requirements and recommendations for your destination. Where you do not do so and are either not allowed to enter any country or suffer personal injury as a result, we have no liability to you for any loss or damage which you suffer.
7. Travel insurance
Travel insurance is recommended for all our travellers.
8. Acceptance of risk
You acknowledge that the nature of the trip is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You will be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in our daily lives. We use information from government foreign departments and reports from our own contacts in assessing whether the itinerary should operate. However it is also your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all relevant travel information and the nature of your itinerary. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel.
9. Limitation of liability
We shall not be liable for any damage or loss if the failure to carry out the contract is:
- attributable to you.
- attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and the event is unforeseeable or unavoidable.
- due to unforeseen and unusual circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had to be exercised.
- due to political disputes, border closures, refusal of visas, industrial action, climate or other matters of a similar nature and any other force majeure.
- due to an event which the Company, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
10. Optional activities
Optional activities not included in the trip price do not form part of the trip or this contract. You accept that any assistance given by your group leader or local representative in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them in any way. The contract for the provision of that activity will be between you and activity provider.
The courts of Tanzania and Kenya (depending on which country the first day of the tour started from) will have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in connection with this Agreement.
Cancellations and Refunds
Bank transfers and charges for payment with bank cards will be charged to customers
Cancellations must be sent in writing or email. Cancellations shall only be effective from the date of receipt of cancellation.
If a booking is cancelled the client is subject to a cancellation fee as follows:
For Safaris in Tanzania and Kenya
- 90 days and above before departure – No cancellation fees
- 90 to 60 days before departure – 10% of the total tour price will be charged as cancellation fees
- 60 to 50 days before departure – 20% of the total tour price will be charged as cancellation fees
- 49 to 30 days before departure – 30% of the total tour price will be charged as cancellation fees
- 29 to 0 days before departure – 100% of the total tour price will be charged as cancellation fees
In case of partial cancellations, per person price for remaining clients will go up depending on the change in group size and other factors.
Change of Dates
You are free to change the dates of your tour at any point in time. While rescheduling, applicable cancellation charges and any new charges will apply. Additional charges, if any, will be informed by the Company to you before the rescheduling is done. Incase the booking is cancelled after rescheduling the original tour date will be used to calculate any refunds.
If we Cancel
The Company reserves the right to cancel any tour at its sole and absolute discretion, without prior notification in instances where this is unavoidable. However, in that case the Company agrees to refund all monies already paid by the client. This shall be the Company´s sole responsibility to the client and no claim for any damages, howsoever arising, shall accrue against the company.